Monday, December 31, 2012

Up for the Challenge

Im not happy
I havent been happy for awhile.
You can say that Im stuck in a rut. 



At this point in my life I find myself doing the same things over and over again. I find my lifestyle very boring. I get up, get dressed, go to work to a job where at one point I found very meaningful but now after 10-11 years of teaching, I find myself asking myself if I want to continue. After a day of teaching, I go to my second job, then come home and go to bed. My weekends consists of running around and trying to catch up.

I moan, I complain, Lately, I rarely see the positive side of things.

I need a change.

So instead of saying it, I decided to start doing.

Up late one night doing a meaningless internet search I came across this website:

http://happyblackwoman.com/

and started reading............
and reading.................
and reading.................

and realized that I can be happy again, that its possible, and I decided to make it a goal for 2013, but my next question was how?

till I saw the challenge.......

http://happyblackwoman.com/category/31-days-to-reset-your-life/

I thought to myself... 31 days to change 33 years of thinking... (ok more like 3 years of negative self talk off and on, still too long) ....its not going to work, but then I thought why not try...its not like I've really tried to change. I've said it over and over, started reading books, listening to podcasts but never really stuck with anything.

so now Im up for the challenge and awaiting the outcome

No comments:

Post a Comment