Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Am I my hair???



I thinking, weighing the options, wondering if Im going to do the right thing.

I have been growing my locs for the past seven years. I can say that Im tired. I want a new look. Over the years, my hair has been pressed, pulled, cut, dyed fried and laid to the side. Its been up, down, long and short. Rocked a weave and a wig. Permed it cause society said it was the thing to do and went natural to be free. So now its time to take a different route on this hair journey.

The last time, I got my locs "trimmed", 4 in was cut off and I freaked out. The mere thought of cutting them again scared me. I saw my locs apart of me. I started thinking do  my locs define "me". Am I still going to be Lisa without them.

Am I my hair?

1 comment:

  1. you are not your hair. you were lisa before the locs and you will be lisa without the locs - should you choose to let them go. I love your locs and they are awesome. you wear them well. Just be sure that you are wanting change for change and not just to change your point of view at the moment. pray about it.

    ReplyDelete